Wednesday 21 July 2021

Pie and Synths

Today has been a nice day, I received my new Behringer Crave, from Sweetwater and made myself a simple, but lovely sheet pie for dinner.

[ Behringer Crave ]

Sweetwater is located on the other end of the USA from me (California) so it's always a weeks wait from them when I order something, but to be honest its worth it usually because the same synths on Amazon or in stores near me then to be pricier.

I got the crave not because I needed it but...well, it just looks cool and sounds real nice. Patch bays are something I always wind up modding onto my gear so it's really nice when a diverse one is already available on the synth. I've been noodling with it all afternoon and it sounds really nice.

I actually hope that they release another unit, a drum machine if you will in the style of the crave (size, colour scheme, layout) with the patch bay for it. Simple analog drum with modular tweakability for those glitchy sounds. No emulation or cloning sounds either, I want to hear what they think an analog drum machine should sound like.


[ Beef and onion, with carrots and beer ]

I've been baking and cooking in general a lot more recently, I mean I cook all the time but I have been trying new recipes more often. I've been watching a youtuber who goes by the handle "What's for Tea", a lovely Scottish women who films her meal preparation and ideas. I watch a lot of videos like the but she also Vlogs her trips and meals out and about which I'm fond of. She cooked a "Sheet Pie" something I used to eat at school for lunch and decided to give it a make...with a little twist (carrots and beer basically)

It seemed to go down well as my husband scoffed down three pieces and made sure I saved one in the fridge for tomorrow.

I'm glad something so simple made him happy, I need to use this vlog more to come back to the good memories so I'll try doing so.