Wednesday 24 February 2016

ACK!!! release and thoughts (10 years of something)

So i compiled together a bunch of my old ACK!!! tracks I made from the start of 2006 and up until 2015, I never really did much in this year but intended to get one last album out which sadly never happened...the inspiration for such a vast project has gone and I want to focus on my two main projects from now on (Man Outdoors + Bleakview).

 

This isn't my entire discog as there are free albums from my ACK!!! project that are floating around on archive, YouTube and other such sites. Here I present mostly the really old shit never really uploaded or hard to find albums from labels that have gone down.

I have been performing as ACK!!! for 10 years and it might not seem like much but it has been something for me, I played live very rarely and it was mostly house shows for friends and peers but I preferred that to the few venue shows I did. I started making music (with actual productive effort) around 2002 with tape recorders and toy drum kits, this evolved slightly when I was given full access to the family PC and found heap of free software to make tunes on, Moonfish and Goldwave being a huge influence.

The project has been to convoluted to continue, as with most bands sticking to a relative style and branching out slightly I did a bit of everything as ACK!!! from typical IDM, pop melodies and even harsh noise music.

I may return to it in the future when I feel it worth doing but until then I'm hanging up the ACK!!! jacket.