Saturday 12 April 2014

Tales of Immigration : 01

So I am five months into my immigration procedure and it has been like they aren't even trying to process it, a huge lack of communication on their end and random stretches of time we have been given for responses that have gone over their dates with not a peep from them.

This fucking sucks, it's not like they are requiring funds from us, as far as we know (because talking to someone at the USCIS is really hard to do) we are paid up in all the visa and processing fee's and have stated to them numerous times that we can pay any more fees needed.

What's really funny about this scenario is I was told by some friends in the USA that some illegal migrants they knew recently over a few years have now had an adjustment of status and are now residents, not full citizens but they can now work and live like true US citizens...but I'm 5 years into waiting for my adjustment of status to be a resident of the USA because I'm doing this "the proper way" not stating I'm going to move out illegally but for fucks sake America make this long, tedious and expensive process worth my while.

Coming out of this with the same results at a slower pace to some illegal migrants is not a good thing and isn't discouraging me from just heading out on a visa waiver and staying put and believe me a majority of my friends and family in the USA have been encouraging me to do so but I don't want to fuck up my chances of being with my family so right now I'm sitting down and doing this "properly"